- ½ Pound Carando Capicola½ Pound
- ½ Pound Carando Prosciutto, Sliced½ Pound
- 2 Crescent Roll Dough Tubes2
- 2 Packages Frozen Chopped Spinach, Thawed and Drained2 Packages
- 2 Jars Roasted Red Peppers, Drained2 Jars
- 8 Eggs8
- ½ Pound Provolone Cheese, Sliced½ Pound
- ½ Cup Parmesan Cheese, Grated½ Cup
- ¼ Cup Fresh Basil, Minced¼ Cup
Preheat oven to 350ºF.
Tightly wrap a springform pan with a double layer of foil.
Remove the crescent rolls from one tube, press them into a circle in the bottom of the springform pan and bake for 10 minutes.
While the dough is baking, whisk together 7 of the eggs, the parmesan and basil.
Remove the pan from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
Layer half of the capicola, then half of the red peppers, half of the prosciutto, half of the spinach, half of the provolone, then cover with half of the egg mixture.
Repeat the layering process with the remaining ingredients.
Remove the remaining crescent rolls from the tube, arrange into a circle, and roll out slightly to seal any seams and top the torte with the dough.
Whisk the remaining egg with a splash of water and brush the top of the crust with the egg wash.
Bake the torte for about an hour and 20 minutes, or until golden brown and set.
Remove the sides from the rim of the springform pan, allow to rest for 20 minutes, then slice and serve.