- 1 Pack Carando Abruzzese Meatballs1 Pack
- 1 Pound Wide Egg Noodles1 Pound
- 4 Tbsps. Unsalted Butter4 Tbsps.
- 2 Tbsps. Olive Oil2 Tbsps.
- 1½ Pounds Mixed Mushrooms, Sliced1½ Pounds
- 5 Cloves Fresh Garlic, Minced5 Cloves
- 1 Large Yellow Onion, Diced1
- 2 Tbsps. Fresh Thyme, Minced2 Tbsps.
- 2 Tbsps. Red Wine2 Tbsps.
- 1 Cup Beef Stock1 Cup
- 2 Tsps. Worcestershire Sauce2 Tsps.
- ¼ Cup Cornstarch¼ Cup
- ¼ Cup White Wine Vinegar¼ Cup
- ¼ Cup Fresh Rosemary, Minced¼ Cup
- 1 Pound Mascarpone Cheese1 Pound
- ¼ Cup Italian Parsley, Minced¼ Cup
- ½ Bunch Green Onions, Thinly Sliced½ Bunch
Cook meatballs according to package instructions, reserve.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
Heat a large, heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat.
Add butter and olive oil to the pan, add mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender.
Add the onion, garlic, and thyme, cook until the onions are translucent and just begin to color.
Deglaze the pan with the red wine, reduce by half, then add the beef stock and Worcestershire sauce, bring to a boil and reduce by ¼.
Combine the vinegar and cornstarch.
While the sauce is cooking, cook the egg noodles according to package instructions, drain, and toss with butter, salt and pepper, if desired.
When the sauce is reduced a bit, whisk in the cornstarch mixture, remove from the heat and stir in the mascarpone, rosemary, and meatballs.
Add the noodles to the pan, stirring to combine and garnish with parsley and scallions. Serve immediately.