- 1 pkg(s) Carando Abruzzese meatballs1 pkg(s)
- 56 oz. Canned san marzano style tomatoes, whole56 oz.
- 6 oz. Can tomato paste6 oz.
- 1/4 cup(s) Fresh garlic, minced1/4 cup(s)
- 1 whole Large white onion, finely diced1 whole
- 3 Tbsp. Dried oregano3 Tbsp.
- 1/2 Tbsp. Crushed red pepper1/2 Tbsp.
- 1/4 cup(s) Olive oil1/4 cup(s)
- 1/4 cup(s) White wine1/4 cup(s)
- 1/2 cup(s) Fresh basil, mined1/2 cup(s)
- Kosher salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
Cook meatballs according to package instructions.Heat a heavy bottomed pot over medium high heat. When the pan is hot, add the olive oil. When the oil begins to shimmer, add the garlic, stirring constantly, until it just begins to color.
Add the oregano and crushed red pepper, and cook for about 1 minute. Add the onion and cook until just translucent. Deglaze the pan with the wine, scraping the bottom to release any browned bits. Transfer the tomatoes, with their juices, to the pitcher of a blender and pulse until thoroughly broken up, but not pureed.
Add the tomatoes to the pot, with the tomato paste, and stir until combined. Reduce heat to a simmer and allow to cook for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the cooked meatballs, basil, and salt and pepper to taste, and allow to simmer an additional 15 minutes. Serve over your favorite pasta.