- 1 pkg(s) Carando Mozzarella Rustica meatballs1 pkg(s)
- 2 cup(s) Arborio rice2 cup(s)
- 1/4 cup(s) Olive oil1/4 cup(s)
- 1 whole Small white onion, medium dice1 whole
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh thyme, minced1 Tbsp.
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh sage, minced1 Tbsp.
- 1/2 cup(s) White wine1/2 cup(s)
- 1 cup(s) Pumpkin puree1 cup(s)
- 4 cup(s) Chicken stock4 cup(s)
- 2 Tbsp. Unsalted butter2 Tbsp.
- 1/2 cup(s) Mascarpone cheese1/2 cup(s)
- 1/2 cup(s) Parmesan cheese, shredded1/2 cup(s)
Cook the meatballs according to package instructions, and reserve. Heat a heavy bottomed pot over medium high heat. Add olive oil to the pot, and once shimmering, add the onion, thyme and sage.
Heat the chicken stock and pumpkin in a pot over medium high heat. Once the onion is translucent, add the rice, stirring constantly, until coated and the starch begins to release.
Deglaze with the white wine, scraping the bottom to loosen any browned bits. Add the one cup of the chicken stock and pumpkin mixture, and bring to a simmer, stirring very often.
While stirring, continue to add the stock mixture as the risotto starts to dry out. After the last of the stop mixture is added, and the rice is just al dente, remove from the heat.
Add the butter, mascarpone, salt and pepper. Serve with the meatballs and shredded parmesan cheese on top.