- 2 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil2 Tbsp.
- 1 whole Onion, finely diced1 whole
- 1 clove(s) Garlic, finely chopped1 clove(s)
- 1 pkg(s) Carando Abruzzese meatballs1 pkg(s)
- 8 oz. Cream cheese, room temperature, cubed8 oz.
- 2 cup(s) Cream2 cup(s)
- 2 can(s)oz. Artichoke hearts, strained and chopped2 can(s)oz.
- Leaves from 2 sprigs of thyme
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh lemon juice2 Tbsp.
- 1 Tsp. Pepper, plus more to taste1 Tsp.
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup(s) Parmesan cheese1/2 cup(s)
In a deep sauté pan or saucepan, heat the olive oil on medium-high. Add chopped onions and garlic, and sauté until onions are translucent, approximately 2-3 minutes.
Crumble the meatballs and add to mixture, stirring often until meatball pieces are cooked through, approximately 15 minutes. Add the cream cheese and combine ingredients. Allow ingredients to come to a simmer, stirring occasionally to break up the cream cheese.
Turn down to medium heat. Continue simmering until mixture starts to slightly thicken, approximately 2-3 minutes.
Add strained and chopped artichokes, thyme leaves, lemon juice, pepper, and salt. Bring mixture back to a simmer and stir often to mix the ingredients well, approximately 2-3 minutes.
Once back to a simmer, take mixture off heat and add parmesan cheese while stirring. If the dip is too thick, add additional cream to thin out the mixture.
Transfer to a large bowl and serve immediately. Enjoy!