- 1 pkg(s) Carando Mozzarella Rustica meatballs1 pkg(s)
- 1 lb. Bucatini pasta1 lb.
- 1 qt. Heavy cream1 qt.
- 2 oz. Dried porcini mushrooms2 oz.
- 1 cup(s) Frozen peas1 cup(s)
- 2 whole Large shallots, minced2 whole
- 3 clove(s) Garlic, minced3 clove(s)
- 1 lb. Oyster mushrooms, trimmed1 lb.
- 1/2 cup(s) Dry white wine1/2 cup(s)
- 1/4 cup(s) Parmesan cheese, grated1/4 cup(s)
- 1/2 lb. Black truffle cheese, shaved1/2 lb.
- 1 whole Bunch fresh tarragon, minced1 whole
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
Cook the meatballs according to package instructions, and reserve. Bring a large pasta pot of salted water to a boil.
Trim the oyster mushroom stems, and place in a sauce pot with the porcini and cream. Bring the cream mixture to boil, and reduce to a simmer, allowing to cook 15 minutes.
Strain the cream through a fine mesh strainer, reserve. Cook the bucatini according to package instructions, drain, rinse with cold water, and reserve.
Heat a large sauté pan over medium high heat. Add olive oil, then the mushrooms and sauté until just cooked. Add the garlic and shallots and cook until just beginning to brown.
Deglaze the pan with white wine and reduce until the pan is mostly dry. Add the cream and parmesan cheese and boil until just thickened. Add the peas, meatballs, and bucatini, tossing to combine.
Season with salt and pepper to taste, transfer to bowls, and garnish with the truffle cheese and tarragon.