- 5 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil, divided5 Tbsp.
- 1 whole Sweet onion, peeled and cubed1 whole
- 1 clove(s) Garlic, peeled and minced1 clove(s)
- 1 pkg(s) Carando Mozzarella Rustica meatballs1 pkg(s)
- 1 whole Red bell pepper, seeded and cubed1 whole
- 1 whole Green bell pepper, seeded and cubed1 whole
- 1 cup(s) White wine1 cup(s)
- 2 cup(s) Tomato sauce2 cup(s)
- 1 Tbsp. Oregano1 Tbsp.
- 1 whole Small package white mushrooms, cut in half1 whole
- 5 Pieces dry porcini mushrooms5
- 2 cups Mozzarella, shredded2 cups
Preheat oven to 375°F. In a sauté pan, add 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, onions, and garlic over medium-high heat. Sauté until golden, approximately 10 minutes.
Add 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and the remaining ingredients except the cheese, stirring lightly. Bring to a simmer, approximately 3-5 minutes.
Transfer to a pre-greased 9"x13" glass baking dish. Cover with 1 ½ cups of cheese.
Place in oven and cook until the meatballs are cooked through, approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Take out, cover with remaining ½ cup of cheese, and serve immediately. Buon appetito!