- 16 oz. Pkg. Carando Abruzzese Italian Meatballs16 oz.
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil1 Tbsp.
- 1/4 cup(s) Chopped onion1/4 cup(s)
- 1/4 cup(s) Chopped bell pepper1/4 cup(s)
- 1/2 Tsp. Minced garlic1/2 Tsp.
- 1/2 Tsp. Dried oregano1/2 Tsp.
- 1/4 Tsp. Dried basil1/4 Tsp.
- 1/4 Tsp. Black pepper1/4 Tsp.
- 15 oz. Can tomato sauce15 oz.
- 1 Tbsp. Tomato paste1 Tbsp.
- 1/4 cup(s) Butter, melted1/4 cup(s)
- 4 Hoagie sandwich rolls, split horizontally4
- 8 slice(s) Thin provolone cheese8 slice(s)
Cook meatballs according to package instructions.
Meanwhile, heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Sauté onion and bell pepper until onion is very tender. Add garlic, oregano, basil and black pepper; sauté 1 minute.
Add tomato sauce and paste; simmer 10 minutes.
Heat broiler with rack 4 to 6 inches from element. Open hoagie rolls and brush with melted butter. Place under broiler until toasted. Spoon 3 meatballs and sauce onto each roll; top with 2 slices cheese. Return sandwiches to broiler until cheese is melted and browned.