- 1 Pack Carando Spicy Sicilian Meatballs1 Pack
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil2 Tablespoons
- 4 Cloves Fresh Garlic, Minced4 Cloves
- 1 Medium White Onion, Diced 1
- 1 Pound Frozen Chopped Spinach, Thawed and Drained1 Pound
- 1 Pound Fontina Cheese, Shredded1 Pound
- 1 Loaf Ciabatta Bread, Cubed1 Loaf
- Pan Release Spray
- 10 Eggs 10
- 3 Cups Half and Half3 Cups
- 1 Teaspoon Nutmeg, Grated1 Teaspoon
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Sage, Minced2 Tablespoons
- ½ Cup Parmesan Cheese, Shredded½ Cup
Cook meatballs according to package instructions. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
While the meatballs are cooking, heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add olive oil, garlic, onion, and sauté until tender.
Add the spinach and cook until any remaining water evaporates.
Thoroughly combine the eggs, half and half, nutmeg, sage, and parmesan in a large bowl.
Spray a glass baking dish with the pan release.
Layer 1/2 of the bread in the bottom of the baking dish, top with 1/2 of the vegetable mix, then 1/2 the fontina.
Repeat with the remaining bread, vegetables, and cheese.
Pour the egg mixture over the ingredients in the dish. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour and ideally, overnight.
When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 325ºF and cook until golden brown and bubbly, about 1 hour.
Allow to rest for about 5 minutes to set, then serve while warm.