- 16 oz. Carando Abruzzese Italian Style Meatballs16 oz.
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil2 Tbsp.
- 2 clove(s) Garlic, minced2 clove(s)
- 1 whole Bunch tuscan kale, stems removed and chopped1 whole
- 28 oz. Can diced tomatoes28 oz.
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 12 oz. Orecchiette pasta (3 cups)12 oz.
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Shredded italian cheese blend1 1/2 cup(s)
Heat oven to 350ºF. In large skillet, cook meatballs over medium-high heat until browned on all sides. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until internal temperature reaches at least 165ºF. Remove meatballs from skillet.
In same skillet, sauté garlic 1 minute. Add kale and sauté until bright green and wilted.
Cut meatballs in half; add to kale. Sauté until kale is tender. Stir in tomatoes and bring to a simmer; season with salt and pepper.
Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and toss with meatballs and kale mixture. Pour into greased 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Sprinkle top with cheese.
Bake at 350ºF. for 20 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
* For an extra kick, use Carando Sicilian Italian Meatballs.