- 1 Pack Carando Hot Sicilian Italian Sausage1 Pack
- 1 Large Yellow Onion, Diced Fine, 1 1
- 6 Cloves Fresh Garlic, Minced6 Cloves
- 3 Poblano Peppers, Diced Fine 3
- 2 Cans White Beans, Drained2 Cans
- 2 Cans Tomatillos, Crushed2 Cans
- 1 Jar Salsa Verde1 Jar
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Thyme, Minced1 Tablespoon
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Oregano, Minced2 Tablespoons
- 2 Tablespoons Ground Cumin2 Tablespoons
- 4 Tablespoons Chili Powder4 Tablespoons
- ½ Cup Fresh Cilantro, Chopped½ Cup
- 2 Cups Fontina Cheese, Grated2 Cups
- 1 Cup Sour Cream1 Cup
- 1 Small Bunch Scallions, Sliced Thin1 Small Bunch
Heat a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
Remove the sausages from their casings and crumble into the pot, and cook until just browned, using a wooden spoon to break up any large clumps.
When the sausage is cooked, add the onion, garlic, and poblanos, and sauté until just tender.
Add the drained beans, tomatillos, salsa verde, thyme, oregano, cumin, and chili powder.
Bring to a simmer and allow to cook for 25 minutes, stirring often.
Add the cilantro and ladle into bowls.
Garnish with the cheese, then the sour cream, then the scallions.