- 1 pkg(s) Carando Spicy Sicilian meatballs1 pkg(s)
- 1 pkg(s) King’s Hawaiian Original Hawaiian Sweet Rolls1 pkg(s)
- 8 oz. Mozzarella cheese, shredded8 oz.
- 1/2 cup(s) Parmesan cheese, grated1/2 cup(s)
- 2 cup(s) Marinara sauce2 cup(s)
- 1 cup(s) Bell pepper, sliced1 cup(s)
- 1 cup(s) Yellow onion, sliced1 cup(s)
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil2 Tbsp.
- 4 Tbsp. Unsalted butter4 Tbsp.
- 1 Tsp. Garlic salt1 Tsp.
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh basil, minced1 Tbsp.
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
Prepare the meatballs according to package instructions. Heat a sauté pan over medium high heat, add the olive oil, and sauté the peppers and onions until tender and just beginning to brown.
Remove the peppers and onions from the heat, season with salt and pepper, and reserve. Heat the butter and garlic salt in a small pan until bubbling, add the basil and remove from heat.
Remove the rolls from their packaging, being careful to keep them all connected, and with a bread knife, cut the rolls in half, removing the tops in one piece.
With a pastry brush, brush the bottom and sides of a brownie pan with the garlic butter and place the heels of the rolls in the pan.
Spread ½ cup of marinara over the bread and cover with peppers and onions. Place one meatball per roll on top of the peppers and onions.
Spread ½ cup of marinara over the bread and cover with peppers and onions. Top with remaining marinara, parmesan, then mozzarella cheeses.
Place the tops on the rolls and gently press down, then brush generously with garlic butter. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until cheese is melty and the rolls are golden brown.
Remove from the oven, carefully remove from the pan, and place on a serving plate. Allow guests to tear and share the sandwiches!