- 1 Package Carando Ground Toscano Sausage1 Package
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion, Minced1
- 2 Tbsps. Fresh Garlic, Minced2 Tbsps.
- 28 Ounces San Marzano Tomatoes, Crushed28 Ounces
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream1 Cup
- ¼ Cup Fresh Basil, Minced¼ Cup
- 2 Tbsps. Olive Oil2 Tbsps.
- 1 Pound Potato Gnocchi1 Pound
- ½ Cup Ricotta Salata, Shaved½ Cup
- 2 Tbsps. Fresh Parsley2 Tbsps.
Heat a large, heavy pan over medium-high heat.
Break up the sausage into the pan and brown, breaking up any clumps with the back of a wooden spoon.
Add the onion and garlic and cook until translucent.
Add the tomatoes and bring to a simmer.
Add the cream and bring back to a simmer, cooking for about 5 minutes.
Add the fresh basil and remove from the heat, keeping warm.
Heat a heavy, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, add the olive oil and gnocchi, and sauté, allowing the gnocchi to brown a bit.
When gnocchi are warmed through, add them to the sauce and toss to combine.
Transfer to a large serving bowl and garnish with the ricotta salata and parsley.