- 1 Package Carando Toscano Ground Sausage1 Package
- 1 Bag Tortilla Chips (13-oz.)1 Bag
- 1 lb. Fontina Cheese, Grated1 lb.
- 2 cups Heavy Cream2 cups
- 2 Tbsp. Cornstarch2 Tbsp.
- 1 cup Fresh Tomatoes, Diced1 cup
- 1 Large Shallot, Minced1
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Basil, Chopped2 Tbsp.
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil2 Tbsp.
- 1 Tbsp. Red Wine Vinegar1 Tbsp.
- 8 oz. Black Olive Tapenade8 oz.
Brown the Italian sausage in a skillet, then drain on paper towels, reserve.
Preheat oven to 375ºF.
While sausage is cooking, heat a large bowl over a double boiler, add the cream, cornstarch, and fontina.
Heat the cheese mixture until hot and thickened, reserve.
Combine the tomatoes, shallots, basil, oil, and vinegar, reserve.
To assemble, heat chips in the oven until warmed through.
Transfer the chips to a large serving platter, top with cheese sauce, then sausage, then the tomato relish, then dollops of tapenade.