- 1 package Carando Toscano Ground Sausage1 package
- 4 Large zucchini4
- 1 can San Marzano tomatoes, crushed and drained1 can
- 1 Small yellow onion, diced1
- 2 Tbsp. Garlic, minced2 Tbsp.
- ¼ cup Pine nuts¼ cup
- ¼ cup Golden raisins¼ cup
- 1 Tsp. Crushed red pepper1 Tsp.
- 2 cups Fresh mint, minced2 cups
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh basil, minced2 Tbsp.
- 4 Tbsp. Fresh parsley, minced4 Tbsp.
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated½ cup
- ½ cup Breadcrumbs½ cup
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
Split zucchini lengthwise and scoop out the insides of each half with a spoon, roughly chopping and reserving the insides.
Heat a large pan over medium-high heat and brown the Italian sausage, breaking up any large clumps with the back of a wooden spoon.
Drain sausage and add the onion, garlic, chopped zucchini, and pine nuts. Sauté until the vegetables begin to soften.
Add the tomatoes and raisins, and simmer until reduced—about 15 minutes—then finish with the herbs. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then remove from the heat.
Place the zucchini boats in a rimmed baking dish and evenly spoon the filling into the halves.
Combine the breadcrumbs and parmesan, and sprinkle generously over each zucchini boat.
Bake uncovered in the oven for 20 minutes or until bubbly and golden.