- 1 pkg(s) Carando Toscano Ground Sausage1 pkg(s)
- 1/2 lb. Ground sirloin beef1/2 lb.
- 1/2 cup(s) Butter 1/2 cup(s)
- 1/2 cup(s) Flour1/2 cup(s)
- 3 cup(s) Whole milk3 cup(s)
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Onion, finely chopped1 1/2 cup(s)
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Carrots, finely chopped1 1/2 cup(s)
- 1/2 cup(s) Celery, finely chopped1/2 cup(s)
- 2 Tbsp. Garlic, minced2 Tbsp.
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil2 Tbsp.
- 1/2 cup(s) Dry red wine1/2 cup(s)
- 28 oz. Can crushed tomatoes28 oz.
- 1 cup(s) Chicken stock, no salt added 1 cup(s)
- 6 oz. Can tomato paste6 oz.
- 1 Tbsp. Dried basil1 Tbsp.
- 1/2 Tsp. Ground thyme1/2 Tsp.
- 8 Lasagna noodles, uncooked 8
- 2 cup(s) Mozzarella cheese, shredded2 cup(s)
- 1/2 cup(s) Parmesan cheese, shredded 1/2 cup(s)
Béchamel Sauce: Melt butter over medium heat in 4-quart stock pot. Stir in flour; cook and stir 2 minutes making sure flour doesn’t get brown. Slowly whisk in milk. Continue cooking, stirring constantly, until mixture has thickened and just starts to simmer. Remove from heat; let stand at room temperature
Pasta Sauce: Sauté onions, carrots, celery and garlic in olive oil until tender. Add sausage and beef; cook until browned. Add wine and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients, except noodles and cheese; simmer 30 minutes or until desired thickness, stirring occasionally.
Assemble Lasagna: Heat oven to 375° F. Spoon about 1 cup tomato sauce into bottom of 13x9x2-inch pan. Top with 4 lasagna noodles. Spread half of the remaining pasta sauce and half the béchamel sauce over noodles. Sprinkle 1 ½ cups mozzarella over the top.
Repeat layers with remaining noodles, sauces and mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle Parmesan over top. Cover pan with foil and bake at 375° F. for 45 minutes. Remove cover and bake an additional 15 to 20 minutes until cheese is slightly browned on top.