- 1 Package Carando Toscano Ground Sausage1 Package
- ½ Pound Orecchiette Pasta½ Pound
- ¼ Cup Olive Oil¼ Cup
- 4 Cloves Fresh Garlic, Minced4 Cloves
- 1 Large White Onion, Diced 1
- 1 Medium Fennel Bulb, Diced1
- 2 Medium Carrots, Peeled and Diced2
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Sage, Minced1 Tablespoon
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Rosemary, Minced1 Tablespoon
- 2 Tablespoons Dried Oregano2 Tablespoons
- ¼ Cup White Wine¼ Cup
- 1 Can San Marzano Tomatoes, Diced1 Can
- 2 Cans Great Northern Beans, Drained2 Cans
- 6 Cups Chicken Stock6 Cups
- 2 Cups Kale, De-stemmed and Chopped2 Cups
- 1 Cup Parmesan Cheese, Shredded1 Cup
Heat a large heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat.
Crumble the sausage into the pot and add the olive oil.
Brown the sausage, breaking up any large clumps with the back of a spoon.
While the sausage is cooking, bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta according to package instructions.
Drain and rinse pasta with cold water and reserve.
Add the onion, garlic, carrot, and fennel to the sausage pot, and sauté until just softened.
Deglaze the sausage pot with the white wine, scraping the bottom to loosen any browned bits.
Add the sage, rosemary, oregano, beans, pasta, tomatoes, and stock.
Bring the soup to a boil and simmer for about 20 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
Add the kale and simmer for another 5 minutes.
Serve the soup while hot, garnishing with the parmesan.