- 1 package Carando Toscano Ground Sausage1 package
- 2 lbs. 90/10 Ground beef2 lbs.
- 1 loaf Ciabatta bread1 loaf
- 1 cup Mayonnaise1 cup
- 2 Tbsp. Pickled hot cherry pepper relish2 Tbsp.
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh mint, chopped1 Tbsp.
- 12 slices Carando deli sliced pepperoni12 slices
- 6 slices Fontina cheese6 slices
- 2 cups Arugula2 cups
- 2 Ripe tomatoes, sliced2
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil1 Tbsp.
- 1 Tbsp. Shallots, minced1 Tbsp.
- 1 Tbsp. Red wine vinegar1 Tbsp.
Combine the sausage and ground beef in a large mixing bowl and divide into 6 even, loose balls.
Heat grill to medium high heat.
While the grill is heating up, gently flatten the balls into patties, season lightly with salt and pepper, and allow to come to room temperature.
In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mint, and cherry peppers. Reserve.
Slice the tomatoes and gently toss with the olive oil, vinegar, shallots, salt, and pepper.
To assemble: Grill the burgers for about 6 minutes a side, or until well done but juicy.
Heat the pepperoni on the grill until just barely crispy, place on the burgers, and top with a slice of fontina.
Allow the burgers to rest for about 5 minutes.
While the burgers are resting, cut the ciabatta into 6 equal pieces (if the loaf is small, grab 2 and cut into 4s), split the “rolls,” and lightly toast on the grill.
Dress both sides of the toasted ciabatta with the chili/mint mayo, place the burgers on the bottoms of the dressed rolls, place some of the marinated tomatoes on top of the burgers, place arugula on top of the tomatoes, and top with the top half of the ciabatta.